Benefits of a Pre-Listing Inspection and Appraisal
Homeowners want to sell their homes for the most money in the shortest period of time. As most homes Sellers in the New Orleans area, Kenner, Metairie, Destrehan, Laplace, River Ridge or Luling sell their homes “AS IS” the importance of a professional building inspection is paramount in the eyes of any potential purchaser. In addition a Buyer may look at a home with a Pre-Listing Inspection as a property that they will have more confidence in, than a property without one. The Buyer has the feeling that the Seller is being more upfront with honest disclosure of the condition of the property. Jeff Melancon is very experienced in this aspect of the real estate transaction and will assist you in ordering a Pre-Listing Inspection.
The Pre Listing Inspection can:
- Increase the momentum of a sales contract
- Provide an inexpensive way to find out and fix the necessary repair items.
- Reveal potential deal breakers such as radon gas or active termite infestation.
- Allow for adequate time to complete the minor repairs yourself
- Eliminate the negotiation for repairs which can cost the homeowner extra money
- Help to persuade the buyer to remove the inspection contingency.
- Minimize the buyers concerns or about the condition of the property.
- Diminished liability due to supporting documentation for the disclosure statement.
- Provide an unbiased opinion and also be used as an effective marketing tool.
- Once repairs are completed, the highest market value potential is possible.
The purchaser may still order an independent home inspection, but the chances of the sale falling apart due to property conditions are significantly minimized. More and more Home Sellers in the River Parishes, St. Rose, Destrehan, Boutte, Laplace, Luling, or Garyville are choosing to order a pre-listing home inspection.